Monday, November 28, 2005

Theme Days Coming...

OK, I'm back! Thanksgiving trip completed, 1000+ miles later, we're back! I am sorry for the missing days but I was not able to post where I was, so I came up with some ideas for the future.

In order to put some organization to this space (and my thoughts), I’ve decided to give themes to different days on this blog. For example, Monday is going to be “LIST” day (I’ve got a book of lists that are somewhat thought-provoking). I haven’t decided what all of the other themes will be yet; we’ll do it as we go. Here’s a good place to start…

Traits of a Successful Person (Scriptures added are mine)
  • Consciousness of an honest purpose (John 17:3)

  • A just estimate of oneself and everyone else (Romans 12:3)

  • Frequent self-examinations (See Romans 12:3b again)

  • Steady obedience to what one knows to be right (1 John 2:5-6)

  • Indifference to what others may think or say (I’m going to address this tomorrow)

OK, it’s amazing how you can find some secular book sources and, without knowing it perhaps, the author hits on some solid biblical truths! Hey, let me know if you find anything like this…

No comments: