Friday, February 10, 2006

A Personal "Back to the Future"

Hey, for whomever comes to this place, just some thinking to do at the end of this week: I found these questions online a while ago and thought I would post them out there for some response. OK, OK, I’ll go ahead and put my answers down in italics. Here they are:

  1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
- Hockey player or firefighter (we still said fireman, in fact I almost typed it), pilot.

  1. Did you follow through? If not, what happened?
- No, never really pushed myself to play hockey, when I did I got sick of playing (at the time, would love to play again now that it's ____ years later), kept going to school, ministry calling, no moolah for flying lessons.

  1. Is your life turning out the way you thought it would when you were a kid? If not, is it better or worse?
- Not as I thought, but much better, even with the ups and downs; sometimes it’s hard to remember now what you thought then. I never could have envisioned life as I have it now with wife, family, career. It is better than I imagine I imagined.

  1. Paradoxes aside, if you could time-travel back to when you were 10 years old, what would you tell your 10-year-old self?
- Work harder at school, go beyond your potential, remember…always remember the important things.

  1. Do you think the child you were, would like the adult you've become.
- I think so, for the most part although he would probably say that I haven't changed much! He would wonder a lot of things like, “Do I really end up looking like that in 30 years?” and, “I sure didn’t grow much more did I?” and also, “Did it really take this long to grow up?” or possibly, "Wow that was fast!"

Have fun with these. Post your answers on the comment page.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Jim Mackenzie! Wooo! What's up? When did you guys move to Colorado? We saw Laurie's name on the women's retreat thing and it said "from Colorado Springs, CO" and it was pretty confusing.
That's awesome, though!