Thursday, May 18, 2006

... 100 posts already? Wow!


I just noticed as I opened up my main menu for Blogger that four posts ago was my 100th. Why, it just seems like yesterday... I just wanted to say: Thanks for reading! I've really enjoyed this way of communicating for a number of reasons:

1. It gives something constructive to do in the middle of the night when I can't sleep (rather than watch classic TV reruns).

2. It provides an outlet for my sometimes wacky sense of humor.

3. It is a good challenge to write something daily. I like the challenge.

4. I guess I'll be honest here: it's kind of cool when you see that at least one person has actually read something you've written.

Here's an excerpt from my first blog-attempt. I figure it is always good to be reminded that we're on a journey to discovering God and knowing him. Keep on traveling on that road with me(for at least another 100 posts anyway!). Thanks for reading!

The way I see it is God intended us to find Him, not ourselves. I don't tend to find out anything good when I "discover" things about myself (cuz it's usually stuff I need to change about me!). Discovering me is no great task: I'm fallen, I need Him. Period. God wants us to travel down the road of God-discovery. And what an amazing find it is once we have "discovered" Him!

2 comments:

PatrickMead said...

Congrats on reaching the century mark. If you ever want to trade the beauty of Colorado Springs for the ... uh... urban plains of southeast Michigan, let me know! Should be lots of inspiration right outside your window. There's probably lots of inspiration outside mine, too, but we tend to stay under them to avoid the bullets.

Tim said...

Wow, Jim, that is an accomplishment, well, at least ya didn't have to dig holes for 'em.