Friday, June 23, 2006

.. is fishing with dad somehow more special?

Sorry there hasn't been much blogging this week. I have been on a tight schedule, arranged by Keeley (8 year old daughter). The rest of the family are in Mexico on a mission trip. She has been at a Music and Drama Camp in the morning all week so I have been using that time wisely doing the ministry stuff I need to do (you know, sermons, lessons, counseling, stuff like that). Blogging sometimes gets relegated to the periphery. You see, in the afternoons all week, Keeley has had everything planned out. A couple of days were spent at friends houses but the rest of the time was with dad seeing movies, shopping, playing Sorry, that kind of stuff. Which leads me to my post for today.

The greatest memories of being with my dad are the countless times we went fishing. They are so burnt into the fabric of my mind that I can't imagine going fishing without him. Everything I know about the outdoors, fishing, and fixing things comes from him. The fishing memories are the most lasting.

Tomorrow, Keeley and I go fishing. Her first time. All I can say is that I am thankful for stocked fish ponds where you can go and almost be assured of catching something. 8 year old girls don't so well without results, although I am secretly hoping that just being with dad will be enough for her! It works for me!

No comments: