Thursday, August 10, 2006

... where were you yesterday?


Here’s what I was up to yesterday. I got free tickets to the International, The PGA tournament at Castle Pines Golf Club in Castle Rock, Colorado. Thanks Lance Barrow of CBS Sports for the tickets! I am taking a couple of day’s vacation this week so Cameron and I and a college guy from church can go. Cam was excited because he got autographs from Sergio Garcia (made sister jealous), Reteif Goosen, Davis Love, and Bernhard Langer. We got to see how effortlessly they play a really hard game.

Last night in my devotional before classes I talked about how much they practice to be able to hit the kind of shots they hit. I talked about their pre-game and pre-shot routines, how they develop habits. I related his to how we are to do this for our Christian lives. We need to get in the habit of starting every with God in prayer and in His Word. That’s our “pre-day” routine. We also need to get in the habit of having a “pre-decision” routine where ask for discernment. These are good habits to develop.

1 comment:

stuckinthe80s said...

Wow - that preaching gig is tough!!!