Wednesday, October 04, 2006

... what's your dream car?

My friend Danny Sims posted on his blog today asking questions about everyone's dream car, forcing us to choose between a smart car or a hummer. I thought I would respond to his "dream car" question by posting it on my blog.

I have always been fascinated by the British and European small convertibles (not the pricey Italian ones). My dream one was always the 1976 Triumph TR6, dark blue:


(not a great pic, I know) (here's another)
I loved the MGB's and Fiat's as well:


The Triumph had the beautiful wood dashboard and itjust looked like a fun car to have. Not ever practical in Canada growing up, but when I moved to Texas I entertained (for a minute maybe) the idea of buying one. When I realized I would have to drive three hours to get service for it, I gave up and bought my friend Danny's old Subaru.
Actually, my dream cars lately have been the ones that are paid for and that run. I am thankful that I have a car at all, and for the ways that we have been blessed. Still, it never hurts to dream? What was your "dream car" growing up?

5 comments:

Danny Sims said...

I can't believe there is no YUD car in these photos!

Those were great days. Super post...

Anonymous said...

Wow, Danny Sims. Is that "Dogpile Danny" 1 of 2 retreats we ever did at LCOC? (1997 I believe). Does he know what a huge contribution he has made to my life and my chiropractor's wallet (jk).

Dream car...
55 T-bird (2 seat convertible + v-8 = HOT)

But in the modern era I would sooo settle for a new Pontiac Solstice (which starts around $15k). But you can't fit a car seat in the back seat, mainly because there is no back seat.

Jim MacKenzie said...

Braps, same Danny. It was 1995 though. he's in Fort Worth now. check his blog out. It's good. post a comment and let him know who you are. Yah, the dogpile thing had it's fun moments - but only if Eric Weir and Matt Combs were on the bottom! My back hurts just thinking about it.

Danny Sims said...

E-mail me your current contact info. If I had it (and I likely did) I have no idea between changes from Palm to Outlook where it went...

Royce Ogle said...

1937 Ford tudor slantback with a small block chevy v8, auto, air, and updated suspension. You know, built Ford tough with Chevy stuff!

Royce Ogle