Thursday, December 14, 2006

... about what is of importance

OK, I just cannot let it go. The rear-ender fender bender has got me worked up. So, another post today about it, and then I'll drop it. Promise.

One thing that stood out from the whole surreal experience that day was how important this little crack in a bumper was to this kid. After I escaped to my van to avoid his mom (see yesterday's post), I jotted down a few things that are more important to me than the hole (notice the difference to his) in my bumper. I had a lot of time. The police didn't how up for an hour!

Here they are. Realize that apart from the top 10 there is no particular order. Feel free to offer your suggestions, filling in the blanks until we get to the number I believe a cracked bumper should be.

1. Me and God, his Son, his Spirit, his Word
2. My wife
3. My children
4. My extended family & in-laws
5. Serving in the Kingdom
6. The congregation I serve
7. The health of my family
8. My life-long friends
9. The memories shared from the above 8
10. A date with my wife
10 1/2. My next golf tee time

11. Music & the iPod I asked for for Christmas
12. Reading
13. Playing sports with my kids
14. Coaching High School Girls soccer
15. Watching my son play basketball
16. Watching my daughter play volleyball
17. Watching my youngest daughter laugh
18. Seeing movies with my wife in the theater (part of the date in #10)
19. Digital Video Recorder
20. High Speed Internet
21. Friends that send me the weirdest YouTube stuff
22. West Texas Sunsets
23. Fishing with my dad in the Great Lakes
24. Indoor plumbing that works
25. Sportscenter
26. Hockey - Go Habs!
27. Street Hockey with my kids in the cul-de-sac
28. Wahoo's Fish tacos
29. Buying used books online at Half.ebay.com
30. Memories of Rush concerts
31. My high school Air band
32. watching Jack Bauer, Jack Shepherd, Michael Scofield, and now Hiro Nakamura save the world - or at least escape from prison and survive on an island with bad people
33. Fresh Fruit - My new sugar high
-
-
-
-
-
-356. The hole in my bumper... (and the crack in the bumper of my young friend's car)

OK, I'm done for now. It's amazing the list you can come up with when you're in a situation like mine this week. Try it. Like I said, feel free to add some of yours to the list between the numbers 33 and 356. Have a good day and watch your rear-view mirror!

6 comments:

Steve Puckett said...

Good list, bro.

I would add:

Watching your small bank account dissolve as oldest daughter starts college.

Peace.

Jimbo said...

I feel you pain - yesterday, had my own fender bender . . . only mine was more a fender and axle cruncher!!! No one hurt, just cars really damaged.

Anonymous said...

i am not one bit surprised that you watch "heroes"...it's just your kind of thing!

God's blessings to you and your beautiful family!

i miss y'all-shei

stuckinthe80s said...

HELLO! You still got a computer up there in Colorado?!?!?!?

ed meds said...

Asking questions are genuinely nice thing if you are not understanding anything entirely, but this post presents fastidious understanding even.

erectile dysfunction drugs said...

I've learn some excellent stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much attempt you place to make this kind of magnificent informative website.