Wednesday, April 12, 2006

... About the New Lefty Domination at the Master's!!


I love golf. I love watching golf on TV, reading about it, studying the game, and learning the history. I am a golf geek (I am thankful for my Tivo).

OK, I just had to do it. After all, a left-handed golfer has won three of the last four Masters! Phil Mickelson wins again. For those of you who are not aware, I am left-handed (I know, I've heard all the jokes at the first tee - "You mean you're "wrong"-handed?" and my favorite: "Hey, you're on the wrong side of the ball, why don't you turn around and swing the right way") . I know that all the joking is good-natured but I have never understood why there is so much prejudice in golf, and why lefty golfers weren't winning as many tournaments as "proper"-handed golfers.

Well, if winning three of the last four Masters (the best show of whether you can play at the highest level or not) means anything, I guess, and I quote Bob Dylan here: "The times they are a changin'..."

1 comment:

Kari said...

The thing that is really confusing is when you're reading a golf magazine and trying to learn new strategies and phil mickelson is the one demonstrating them.