Friday, April 21, 2006

... about vigilante justice and Jesus?

Today, just a comment and a question or three. In the news this past week, someone (I'm afraid to say a fellow Canadian) found the sex offenders list on a website for the State of Maine, traveled there, apparently took the law into his own hands and murdered two people. Wow, scary. Now believe me, I want justice for extreme offenders like anyone else but we are in the 21st century I believe, not the Wild West of the 1800's. I have worked with sex offenders as a therapist when their presenting problems were drugs and alcohol, and they were court-referred. Not a real hopeful and happy population to work with. But...

What do we think about what this young man did?

What does Jesus say about how we treat people? Even these offenders? And the killer?

What do we do with the killer now?

No comments: