Friday, April 14, 2006

... How Jesus Would Respond to a Homosexual?

I don't often do just a link to someone else's site about issues, but I had to today. Mike Cope's article homosexuality on Wednesday at his site, preachermike.com, was really good. It is challenging, it will make you think, it might make you uncomfortable, but the call is the same. "Love God, Love Neighbor..."

I have been doing a lot of studying lately about Jesus and the people he was around. It's an interesting and convicting look. Interesting because he chooses to hang around with no one of status. In fact, most of the people Jesus came into contact with were people in the margins, the outcasts, misfits, as Rick McKinley puts it in his book, Jesus in the Margins,(jesusinthemargins.com). It has been a convicting look because it confronts my status quo, my comfort zone, my convenient life! Would the "sinners" that he ate with be the homosexuals in today's religious climate? What should I do about that? What should the church do? If we, as individual Christ-Followers and His Body here on earth (the church), are serious about things, when do we go out and live as he lived? Read Cope's article.

I hope to find some useful articles about relevant Jesus-Follower issues that I can post every once in a while (mostly on Fridays - Hey, it's my day to reconnect with Mr. Fairway, Mr. Green, and hopefully, Mr. Birdie!)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: