Tuesday, April 11, 2006

... Why Things I Liked Were Discontinued?

Just some fun today. Name a product that you absolutely loved but they (whoever “they” are) discontinued it on you. Here are some of mine (in no particular order):

NIV Bible, One Column, NO Study notes, NO cross references, Just the Text, Man! This really burns me. I’m using a Bible that is taped together. I just don’t like all that stuff in my Bible! Zondervan doesn’t make them anymore! (the pic isn't the one I have: They don't even have a picture of it!)



Adidas Stan Smith Tennis Shoes. Somewhere in the late 80’s these disappeared. I was incensed! I loved my Stan’s! I know, I know they made a comeback last year (albeit with a new “Urban” marketing scheme and fruity colors, not just the white with green), only to disappear again I believe!


My Favorite Daytimer© Format. I used the same format for about 20 years. I know, I know, I need to get with the times and geta PDA. I do have one and it is my phone too, but I still like writing things down.

(this isn't the format; Again, I can't even get a picture of the one I like!)


Flying Toaster Screen Saver. Mostly a MAC thing but I did have a PC version about 7 years ago. There were great, fun screen savers. Anyone know where I can get an updated copy?



Do you have anything that was discontinued that you really liked?

You know, this exercise just made me realize I don’t like change as much as I thought I did. I thought I could handle new things. Truth is, I like my stuff the same (at least for a while).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It kills me when my friends discontinue their email addresses! Ok, so maybe they got a new job and moved to Colorado, but STILL!!! Yeah, those discontinued email addresses are a bummer...

Jim MacKenzie said...

Ouch. But Beth, you did see my wife just a few weeks ago and I did send your brother and sister my new stuff and… Oh well, I’m busted. Sorry Beth. I do have to say though that it is a two way street. I had to go to Andrea’s blog to see a pic of your baby!

Also, you could have left your email here so I could respond...

So, I emailed Brian to get your email...