Tuesday, March 21, 2006

... what Jesus would say to us today

I read “what the Spirit says to the churches” (Rev.3:22) in Revelation chapters 2 & 3 over the weekend. Some powerful stuff there. What would he say to us? Would we be commended for being the kingdom of God like he wanted us to be? Or would we be Laodicea? Yikes!

Jim Martin of Crestview Church of Christ in Waco, Texas, recently wrote about what Jesus might say if He was to appear in your church this Sunday. Martin suggests:

“What would he say? I wonder if he would evaluate things differently than we do. He might say something like the following:

You do not evaluate your lives the way I do. I am more concerned about whether or not these people love God and people than anything else.

You do not evaluate your church the way I do. I am more concerned about you being my presence in this community rather than whether or not you may be happy with the way things are going. . . .

You do not evaluate truth the way I do. Sermon messages are not good if they seem to pass the popularity contest. There were times when I spoke and people walked away, wanting nothing more to do with me.”

(
Click here to read the full article.)

Have a great day serving Christ.

No comments: