Tuesday, March 07, 2006

... why so many people are saying they visit the blog but I get very few comments?

OK, you get two posts today. I know you're saying "Woo-Hoo" to yourself, but I can hear you. Here's the question: Is the reason there are few comments on this blog because of lack of instructions on how-to, or is it because there's nothing to say ('cause if it is this reason, I can change my writing topics). Let me know by way of posting a comment. Here's the deal - I know I left instructions when I started this thing back in November. Maybe they were wrong or incomplete. Here's the skinny on how to leave a comment.
1. At the bottom of this "post" there will be a line that says "posted by Jim MacKenzie at______ (a time, about 10:00am, probably)", then a few spaces and "0 comments" (it's usually 0, believe me).
2. Click on the word "comment".
3. A new window opens with a box where you can leave a comment. It can be anonymous, I don't care. You can register and leave your name and info. Whatever you want to do. Follow the instructions on this window on posting a comment. You have to type a few random letters into a word verification space. This keeps spammers out. Finish by clickin gon the "log-in and Publish" button. You're done.
4. The bottom line is that I just want to know who's reading, or that someone is reading at all (you see, if you've been reading this blog, I wrote about that need for approval last week I believe). React to something I said; agree; fuss with me; doesn't matter...

OK now, let's try it... I embarked on this thing to make it interactive...

2 comments:

CL said...

Hey Jim,
I just found your blog. First time visit/comment. Have a great week brother!

Kari said...

now now, no need to get cynnical. ;)

I just don't visit terribly often. (Hence the comment on a non-recent post) :)